As I look back on 2013 at Gateway, I'm amazed at the ways God has moved. We closed out the year by pursuing and experiencing freedom through the series Free Indeed
, and I am so proud of you for not only accepting the Lord's power and purpose in your life, but also for allowing His transforming love into the core of who you are.
Our annual report reminds me of when the Israelites entered the Promised Land. As they went, God had Joshua lead the people from one side of the Jordan River to the other. When the Levites and Joshua stepped into the river, the water stopped, and the Israelites crossed the riverbed onto dry ground. They paused in the midst of the miracle and set stones in their camp to mark the faithfulness of God as Joshua said, "These stones shall be a memorial to the children of Israel forever" (Joshua 4:7).
This annual report is our stone monument to all God did in 2013. Last year, God did so many incredible things in and through the people of Gateway.
- 4,775 professions of faith in Christ.
- Average weekly attendance was 23,831, an increase of 21%.
- Over $13,000,000 dollars given to 173 ministries in 47 countries.
- A weekly average of 6,036 viewed weekend services via live streaming.
- 3,541 people attended Catch the Vision.
- 39,000 registrations for Equip classes.
- Weekly attendance at the North Fort Worth Campus increased by over 250%.
- And that's only the beginning!
Please understand, we don't list these things to pat ourselves on the back. Every
number has a name and every
name has a story. We count out our blessings for the same reason the Israelites set stones in their camp: to remember what God did and increase our faith for what He will do in the future. We never want to forget the vision of Gateway is being met as people are getting saved
, set free
. It gives us the faith to move forward!
2013 was an amazing year! As we pursue God's vision and build His kingdom in 2014, let's look back and be encouraged as we praise Him for all that He has done and all He is beginning.
Founding Senior Pastor